DSL Symposium Crossing Borders in Landscape Architecture
On Thursday, November 8, the DSL organizes the symposium ‘Crossing Borders in Landscape Architecture’ in Delft on the meaning of internationalisation for the field of landscape architecture.
What does internationalisation mean for practice and competences of (future) landscape architects who work abroad and vice versa? What does internationalisation require of curricula? And what is necessary to become successful in international research projects?
The Dutch Master’s programs (Wageningen UR, TU Delft, Amsterdam Academy), Bachelor’s programs (VHL Velp and HAS Den Bosch), the NVTL and representatives from agencies and the government share their experiences, vision and questions. What are the trends, opportunities and risks? And how can we cope with different cultural backgrounds & ethical dilemmas?
Keynote by Lisa Mackenzie
Keynote speaker will be Lisa Mackenzie. Lisa is a Senior Lecturer at The University of Edinburgh and a practicing Landscape Architect. She has led on the development of the European Masters in Landscape Architecture (EMiLA) for the University of Edinburgh for the last several years and is the Director of this highly innovative programme.
Besides Lisa, the following guests will make their appearance: Eric Luiten (TU Delft, moderator), Mathias Lehner (BNA International), Gloria Font (Senior designer municipality of Amsterdam/Atelier Font), Judith van der Poel (Niek Roozen Landscape Architects), Timo Cents (Arcadis) & Gertjan Jobse (NVTL), Inge Bobbink (Associate Professor in Landscape Architecture at TU Delft), Jack Martin (Education and innovation coördinator at Van Hall University of Applied Sciences), Hetty van der Stoep (Programme Director BSc/MSc Landscape Architecture and Planning Wageningen University), and Joeri de Bekker (Lecturer HAS Den Bosch University).
- Venue: TU Delft, Faculty of Architecture and the Build Environment, Berlagezaal 1, Julianalaan 134, 2628 BL Delft.
- Time: 8 November 2018, 14.00-17.00, drinks afterwards.
- Language is English.
- 13.30 Gathering and Coffee
- 14:00 WELCOME by DSL and MODERATOR – Jan Herman Meijer (DSL) & Eric Luiten
- 14.10 INTRODUCTION Thoughts on internationalisation – Lisa Mackenzie, Edinburgh College of Art
- 14.30 Panel – landscape architects from practice on work experience in different contexts & changes in the offices during the last years – Gloria Font (Municipality of Amsterdam/Atelier Font), Timo Cents (Arcadis) & Gertjan Jobse (NVTL), Judith van der Poel (Niek Roozen Landscape Architects)
- 15.00 Education – Daily practice at TU Delft – Inge Bobbink (TU Delft)
- 15.20 BREAK
- 15.50 Education – HBO’s & internationalisation – Jack Martin (VH Larenstein University)
- 16.05 Practice – Business across borders – Mathias Lehner (BNA International)
- 16.20 Panel – Internationalisation: did it, will it change the discipline? Lisa Mackenzie, Hetty van der Stoep (Wageningen University), Mathias Lehner (BNA), Joeri de Bekker (HAS Den Bosch University), Inge Bobbink (TU Delft)
- 17.00 DRINKS
All welcome, admission is free.
Please register via email@example.com.
More information: Danielle Niederer via firstname.lastname@example.org.